Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School is located in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand and it came ito existence in 1969. It is an ISO 9001:2008 certified English medium, residential School, run on Public School lines. Affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi & IGCSE Cambridge, the School imparts education, along most modern lines to boys and girls, from KG to ISC (Class XII) in Arts,Commerce and Science streams.
The school has students from Kindergarten to Class XII in two self contained areas within close proximity of each other, The Vincent Hill for boys and Shangri-La for thengirls. Shangri-La, situated at 6,750 feet above sea level is on an 11 acre plot, wooded with cypress, cedar and oak, on the south and west, and facing the snow clad Himalayan peaks, to the north. It is at a distance of about 2 Kilometres from Library Point.
The school has highly qualified and experienced staff is employed, who besides being well trained ton instruct in the classroom, are co-operative and always available to help the children. The play way method of teaching is adopted in the Elementary School. Stress is laid on written work in higher classes, by paying individual attention to each child.
Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School Admission Procedure & Fee structure:-
Admission to the school is open to all, irrespective of caste, creed or religion. The minimum age for admission to the school is 4+ years. Only students of good moral character are granted admission. While making selection for admission, preference is given to
• students in the lower age group
• the brothers, sisters and children of students, who had earlier passed out of this school and
• Children coming from English medium schools, or having enough proficiency, in English language, to receive instruction through the medium of English.
• Admission to the School is open to all boys and girls above the age of 4 irrespective of social status, religion or nationality.
• Applications are usually accepted for children seeking entry into Classes KG to IX
• for which the child has to be registered. A limited number of applications can also be considered for entry to different classes. Applications are received in December and children called for an Entrance test in March only if there are vacancies. No admission is made in Class X and XII. Please note that registration for any particular year is NOT transferable to any other year.
• Registration Forms along with the prospectus for different classes are available in the school office or can be downloaded from our website. Completed registration forms should be sent by post or faxed to the School, the child will however only be registered on receipt of the appropriate fee remitted by Demand Draft made payable in favour of Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary school, Mussoorie at the Union Bank of India, Mussoorie. In addition, the school will also require a photocopy of the child's birth certificate. A Transfer Certificate from the previous school (if applicable) is required at the time of admission.
• Admission to the school takes place in March. For all classes admission is subject to the results of an entrance examination. Given the nature of the School site and the demanding nature of the curriculum, the School reserves the right to refuse admission to those children who, in the view of the School's Resident Medical Officer, would be unacceptably challenged by the physical regime of the School.
• The Principal may, at her discretion and for the reason of facilitating the children of NRI's to seek admission into the school, relax the Hindi requirement for the entrance examination.
• The admission of a child will mean a complete acceptance by the parent/guardian of all School Rules as in force or as amended from time to time at the discretion of the School.
• The School reserves the right to refuse admission/re-admission without assigning any reason. The Principal's decision is final.
You will get details on Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School Dehradun admission 2016-17, its fees structure, address and reviews. The admission forms and prospectus is available at the schools campus which covers the procedure, fees and admission dates. You can post your reviews and comments about this school in the form given below.
Affiliated Board :
Affiliation Number :
Principal Name :
Mrs. N.D. Sawhney